Training Opportunities and Resources
Military Psychology Training Resources
- Center for Deployment Psychology Offers free courses on Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), Prolonged Exposure (PE), military cultural competence, and more. Also offers specialized training for a fee.
- Citizen Soldier Support Program (CSSP). Free online courses for providers working with veterans. Topics include primary care, mild TBI, women veterans, military families, and employee assistance in the civilian workforce.
- Serving Our Veterans Behavioral Health Certificate. A program specifically designed to train civilian behavioral health and primary care providers on military orientation and specific issues affecting veterans and their families. It offers 15 self-directed, self-paced online courses for a fee.
Military Psychology Clinical Resources for Providers and Researchers
- Afterdeployment.org. Excellent website with comprehensive wellness resources for the military community and providers.
- APA Resources for Military Families. APA’s list of resources for assisting Service Members, Veterans, and their Families (last updated: May 2010)
- Center for Deployment Psychology Course - Military Culture
- Defense Centers of Excellence (DCoE) for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury
- Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC)
- DoD/VA Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Military Suicide Research Consortium. Resources for identifying risk and implementing evidence-based suicide prevention and treatment strategies.
- MIRECC resources and educational products for clinicians and researchers.
- National Center for PTSD
- National Center for Telehealth & Technology. Mobile apps and resources for clinicians and researchers affiliated with the military.
- National Center for Telehealth & Technology - Direct link to mobile applications - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP). Find evidence-based interventions for many conditions.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Great resource for data, online training, and mental health interventions. SAMHSA resources for clinicians and researchers working with military families
- Veterans Affairs (VA) Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Centers (MIRECC) and Centers of Excellence (CoE).
- Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) Webinar Series - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Psychological Health Center of Excellence (formerly DCoE) Webinar Series - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Trauma and Stress-Related Disorders in DSM-5
- CDP Joining Forces Wellness Week Webinar Series. Live-streamed in November 2014.
- Navy and Marine Corps Public Health Center webinars
- US Army Public Health Command Health Promotion Resources.
- Military Families Podcast Series and Webinars
- Massachusetts General Hospital Psychiatry Academy - Military and Veteran Courses
- APA Resources for Military Families
- Institute for Veterans and Military Families.
- Sesame Street for Military Families (by T2)
- National Center for Veterans Studies.
- Moving Forward
- National Resource Directory.
- Human Performance Resource Center (HPRC)
- US Army’s Ready and Resilient Campaign