Check Out the Following Training Opportunities!
Upcoming Training Opportunities:
- 12 Apr - Division 19 Webinar: Addressing Suicide in Military and Veterans (see flyer below)
- 18 Apr - CDP Webinar: Building Military Family Resilience (see website)
- 27 Apr - DCoE Webinar: Outreach and Support to Military Families: Ethnic/Cultural Considerations (see website)
- 19 - 23 June (2017) - The Summer Institute: Preparing for a Military-Focused Career (see website)
- Ongoing - APA's Substance Use Disorders & Addictions Series (up to 10 free CEs) (see website)
Military Psychology Organizations
Military Psychology Training Resources
- Center for Deployment Psychology Offers free courses on Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), Prolonged Exposure (PE), military cultural competence, and more. Also offers specialized training for a fee.
- Citizen Soldier Support Program (CSSP). Free online courses for providers working with veterans. Topics include primary care, mild TBI, women veterans, military families, and employee assistance in the civilian workforce.
- Serving Our Veterans Behavioral Health Certificate. A program specifically designed to train civilian behavioral health and primary care providers on military orientation and specific issues affecting veterans and their families. It offers 15 self-directed, self-paced online courses for a fee.
- Give an Hour Connected. Topics including military culture, mental health, military families and post-deployment reintegration
Training in Evidence-Based Therapies for PTSD
- Prolonged Exposure (PE) Web
- CDP's PE Session Notes These short videos remind you what to do in each PE session.
- Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Centers (MIRECC) resources educational products for clinicians/researchers.
- DoD/VA Clinical Practice Guidelines
- National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP). Find evidence-based interventions for many conditions.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Great resource for data, online training, and mental health interventions. SAMHSA resources for clinicians and researchers working with military families
- National Center for Telehealth & Technology. Mobile apps and resources for clinicians and researchers affiliated with the military.
- National Center for Telehealth & Technology - Direct link to mobile applications - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Afterdeployment.org. Excellent website with comprehensive wellness resources for the military community and providers.
- National Center for PTSD
- PTSD resources for researchers and clinicians
- Newsletters and research updates for students and providers.
- Military Suicide Research Consortium. Evidence-based suicide risk assessment and intervention
- Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) Webinar Series - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Defense Centers of Excellence (DCoE) Webinar Series - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Trauma and Stress-Related Disorders in DSM-5
- CDP Joining Forces Wellness Week Webinar Series. Live-streamed in November 2014.
- Navy and Marine Corps Public Health Center webinars
- US Army Public Health Command Health Promotion Resources.
- Military Families Podcast Series and Webinars
- APA Resources for Military Families. List of resources for assisting Service Members, Veterans, and their Families (2010)
- Institute for Veterans and Military Families.
- Sesame Street for Military Families (by T2). Resources to help military families and especially children.
- National Center for Veterans Studies.
- Moving Forward is a free, on-line educational and life coaching program that teaches Problem Solving skills. It is designed to be especially helpful for Veterans, Military Service Members and their families.
- National Resource Directory.
- InTransition. Resources for service members transitioning out of the military.
- Human Performance Resource Center (HPRC). Resource for “total force fitness,” including nutrition, fitness, mind tactics, etc.
- US Army’s Ready and Resilient Campaign. Resources for behavioral readiness, personnel readiness, and transition resources.